The safety of our drivers and our customers is our highest priority and in response to COVID-19 increased cleaning is taking place across all areas of public transport including at stops, stations and within the vehicles.
Here are some tips to make your journey safe & comfortable:
Stay Rail SAFE when travelling on or around light rail
Being alert, paying attention and taking responsibility when you travel on light rail means a great, safe journey for everyone.
Remember to be SAFE:
S – stay off the tracks
- When getting off a light rail vehicle and crossing the tracks, do so only on green pedestrian signal, as you may not see a Light Rail Vehicle (LRV) coming in the opposite direction.
A – avoid distractions
- Pedestrians to be alert to your surroundings, limit distractions such as mobile phones and headphones when walking around or across light rail tracks.
F – follow instructions
- Stand behind the yellow line on the platform at all times.
E – encourage others to be SAFE
- If you are concerned about your safety or the safety of others, please use the Emergency Help Point (EHP) on platforms and on-board LRVs to contact staff.
Top up (and register) your MyWay card
The most convenient way to top up your MyWay card is through Autopay, which attracts a further 10% saving on all fares. Alternately you can go to a recharge agent or ticket vending machine for an instant top up.
Remember to register your MyWay card online, and to tap on and off each time you travel; this will help us provide you with your travel history if needed. You can also pay to travel using pre-paid tickets from vending machines at all light rail stops and major bus stations.
Be aware that LR vehicles have auto doors opening at all stops
Until further notice light rail vehicle doors open automatically at all stops to remove the need for passengers to press the ‘open door’ button.
Where possible maintain physical distancing
Customers are reminded to where possible, spread out on light rail vehicles, and to consider travelling outside of peak travel times where they can. Find the quietest time to travel.
Please keep the area near our driver’s cab clear
Where possible, please keep the standing area nearest the driver’s cab door clear, which will allow for drivers to physical distance during shift changes.
Always practice good hygiene
Good hygiene practices include:
- washing your hands regularly for 20 to 30 seconds
- avoiding touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- covering your mouth and nose when coughing and sneezing with a tissue or coughing into your elbow
- hand sanitiser is a convenient choice and can help you avoid getting sick and spreading germs to others
- hand sanitiser does not replace washing your hands after using the bathroom.
For more on protecting yourself and others from the spread of COVID-19, see the ACT Government’s information about protecting yourself.