Who We Are. What We Value.
At CMET, we are a values-based organisation. Our five pillars are to be people focused, innovative, safe, caring, and reliable.
What does that mean?
- People are front of mind in everything we do.
- We are continuously striving to find better ways of doing things.
- The safety of our colleagues, customers and community is our first concern.
- We are constantly listening to our colleagues, customers, and community, embracing considerate and respectful communication.
- We place a very high price on being trustworthy and dependable as a public transport operator.
Life at CMET
Our team is diverse, colourful, and passionate. We love what we do and how we do it. Celebrating our team and ensuring they receive the recognition they deserve is paramount. From team BBQs, family days to employee awards, we are always looking for new ways to collaborate and to celebrate our efforts.
Comprehensive Training Packages and Opportunities to Upskill
Career Progression and Development Planning
Industry Forum Participation
Health & Wellbeing
Flexible Work Arrangements
Employee Assistance Program
Health & Safety Culture
Paid Parental Leave
Discounted Gym Memberships
Company Sponsored Sports Teams
Diversity & Inclusion
CMET is committed to a workforce that represents the community we serve. We believe that diversity and inclusion results in greater innovation and better decision making.
CMET follows three principles that enable us to create a diverse and inclusive workforce:
- An inclusive and representative workforce at all levels of the organisation where everyone recognises and supports diversity and inclusion.
- Sustained commitment to fostering an inclusive culture free from unlawful discrimination, harassment, workplace bullying or victimisation.
- Support for employees with differing needs that allows everyone to achieve their full potential.
We work closely with a variety of partners to do what we can to foster better corporate social responsibility and community values within our organisation and our industry. We proudly support Communities at Work as Canberra’s largest not-for-profit community organisation. Our industry partners include Track Safe and the Australasian Railway Association and we are community supporters of Rail R U OK Day, Rail Safety Week and Road Safety Week.