As COVID-19 restrictions start to ease, we remind the community that public transport use remains for essential travel only. This means travelling to and from school or work, the shops and appointments.
Your safety and that of our staff is our highest priority and increased cleaning is taking place across all areas of public transport including at stops and within the vehicles.
All light rail services continue to run to the normal frequency guide. If you need to travel with us please remember:
- Doors will open automatically at each stop. LRVs may be cooler than normal due to this.
- Consider walking or riding for those shorter trips
- Always practice good hand and respiratory hygiene
- Stay home if you are unwell. Do not travel on public transport.
Physical distancing, it’s your responsibility!
- Leave a seat (or more) if you can on board
- Stay 1.5 metres apart while waiting at stops and stations
- Where possible, please keep the standing area nearest the driver’s cab door clear, which will allow for driver’s to physical distance during shift changes.
Travel at quieter times
If you need to travel think about when you do. Can you travel at quieter times?
- Spreading your travel helps maintain physical distancing on services and help prevent crowding
- Travelling off-peak is cheaper